Monday, July 6, 2015

Let Me Create Your Mum

homecoming mum
Let's face it, homecoming mums are expensive. I heard one mom tell her son to start saving now, if he was planning on giving one to his yet-to-be-determined date. Mums are also time-consuming to make. I started the girl friend mums at the end of July, last year. The gf mum that I am 90% sure I will make, this year, will probably be started about the same time.

When I used to peruse the mum websites and see how much they were charging for a few ribbons and fake flowers, I set out to make my own. "I can do this. That amount of money is crazy town!" Here's the thing, though, if you walk into the big chain craft store and decide to buy it all there, in one trip, you're going to spend at least $100.00, for a simple mum, lots more if you're making a larger one. And if you have to travel from store to store looking for just the right trinket (ahem ::running:: Hello? They don't exist!) you're adding fuel and time to your cost. If you're like me, and you're strategic, then you are watching the ads every week to see when ribbon goes on sale, and then glitter, and then, Ohshoot! You need more ribbon, but now you have to wait another two weeks before it is back on sale. And then, there is the time you spend watching Youtube and trying to decipher instructions for the super cool braid you saw on Pinterest. It adds up. And you are a crazy person by the time it's done. Not to mention the glitter is absolutely everywhere and the dog is tracking it even further!

I have the perfect DIY solution for you. Let me make it for you. I LOVE making them! I may have mentioned that camouflage was a laundry sorting category at my house. Discovering glitter and ribbons and rhinestones changed the way I saw the world. I LOVE the creative process. I LOVE thinking about the wearer and what her personality is and what is going to make her eyes shine when she sees this mum.

I get that the initial sticker shock of a made-to-order mum is a turn off. But when you do a side by side comparison, adding in your valuable time, it's not that much more and may even be cheaper, in the long run, for you to order a Central Texas Spirit Wear mum or garter. 

Take a look through the separate mum pages, look at the add-ons, think about what you'd like and contact me. If you don't see what you want, cammo? pink? dinosaurs? contact me. And if your date runs cross country, I've got that covered too. The chain craft store can't say that!

No comments:

Post a Comment